Mindful at WorkChanging the way you work
Think you’re the only one with a busy cluttered mind – think again!
We all have busy minds, but constantly rushing, multi-tasking and our addiction with technology increases mind wandering and makes things worse.
We all know it’s important to look after our physical bodies, but did anyone ever teach you how to look after your mind?
So how do you do things differently when you have so much going on? Does mindfulness really work, and if so what are the benefits at work?
- develops deep self-awareness
- builds emotional intelligence
- improves resilience
- helps you navigate difficult situations
- reduces cognitive bias
- improves physical, mental and emotional health
- and boosts solution-focused thinking
Mindful leaders know how to lead authentically, while being firm, kind and courageous. Their behaviour inspires other people to show up at their best.
Kerene is a natural storyteller who can engage with any audience. She authentically shares her personal stories, weaving them in with humour and flair, to debunk the myths around mindfulness, simplify the science (for the skeptics) and explain how incorporating simple daily practices into your routines counteracts stress, so you can be more relaxed, engaged and productive both at work and at home.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Strategic Pay Wellington (Dec 2018)
- Safety Psychology Conference Auckland (Nov 2018)
- Crown Law Wellington Nov (2018)
- The Treasury Leader’s Group Oct (2018)
- Anaesthetic Technicians Boulcott Hosp Sept (2018)
- Department of Internal Affairs Sept (2018)
- Treasury HR Group August (2018)
- ITx Wellington Expert panel July (2018)
- HRINZ Summit Christchurch & Wellington (2018)
- Mindful Leaders Conference March (2018)
- Public Sector Managers and Emerging Leaders Forum
- Z Energy Legal Team (2017)
- Chorus (2017)
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (2017)
- BNZ Wellington (2017)
- Rival Wealth Wellington (2017)
- Women in Local Government Leadership (2017)
- Electra Business Breakfast Kapiti Coast (2017)
- Z Energy Marketing Team (2016)
- Kapiti Coast Chamber of Commerce (2016)
- ManpowerGroup (2016)
- School of Practical Philosophy (2015)
- Dress for Success (2015)
- International Coach Federation (Wellington Chapter)
- Woman’s Work Success (2015)
- ACC Wellington (2015)
- Z Energy Safety Day (2015)
“Loved it! Learnt something new which is always refreshing.”
“Definitely going to try and get husband to do it as well.”
“Best of the day. Fantastic delivery of great topic – very credible. More of this please!” Delegate Feedback
One of the things that jumped out from Kerene’s presentation is that in a few years’ time, daily mindfulness practices (like meditation) will be as much a part of your routine as brushing your teeth.” Lotty Roberts